Ooohh, Black Diamond….err I mean Leather….

I just came back from Macpherson Leather where I purchased a black leather hide (30 yds) for my coffin. Ugh, that was heavy. It was a long walk in today’s temperature. I also got some glue and some conical studs. Because of the shape of the hide I obviously will be having to cut pieces to mount to the outer edges.

For the interior I ended up getting a satin-y mauve(Lavender?) material, some batting and some fabric glue. I’m going to start measuring for the cardboard pieces as suggested by one of the members on the Resin+ forum.

My goal is to measure and perhaps cut the pieces of leather today for the exterior. I’ll be trying to get the exterior finished this week. Then the interior next weekend. One of the good things about the long doll wait is the amount of time I have to prepare things. I would feel bad if she arrived and all I had to offer was good intentions….

This entry was posted in Phenomenology of Resin and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s