First Steps…

Today I cut the black leather cowhide I got at Mcphereson’s and glued it to the coffin. Unfortunately, the glue dries faster than I anticipated and this meant that it isn’t such a clean job. I suppose being my first time and all I’m also struggling with competency issues. However, I’ve got some coffin corners, to cover the nasty seams and some fancy coffin handles on the way. I’m hoping that the hardware will detract from my poor skills with material. Next time I’ll have to outsource that part of the project.
Here’s a pic of the black leather coffin so far. I won’t try doing the interior until all the hardware is installed and I didn’t cover the lid today because I have some hinges to install there as well.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Phenomenology of Resin and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s